Growth Factor-9 is a new supplement designed to boost levels of human growth hormone (HGH) and help professional athletes and bodybuilders ‘hone their competitive edge’.
It’s manufactured in Utah, USA, by Novex Biotech and the company are happy to admit it is an expensive option, but say it is an essential fitness aid for ‘those who can afford it’.
Promised benefits include:
- Increased lean muscle mass
- Reduced body fat
- Greater endurance
- Faster recovery
- Improvements in mood, sleep, skin tone and sex drive
Novex Biotech also states Growth Factor-9 is the only oral compound with a proven ability to ‘elevate the natural production of HGH by a mean of 682% in both male and female, young and old’, but talk is cheap, Growth Factor-9 is not, and no supporting evidence is offered.
If you aren’t up for the costly price of Growth Factor-9, read our review of something like Prime Male. There are some great offers available.
What is Growth Factor-9 and how does it Work?
HGH is produced in the body by the pituitary gland. It plays an important part in the body’s growth and repair processes so its value as a bodybuilding aid is obvious. Training hard only initiates the need for muscle repair, the real muscle building process occurs when the body repairs the muscles and makes them a little bigger and stronger to help them resist further damage.
HGH production rates peak during adolescence and then begin to dwindle, falling considerable by the age of 25, rendering this natural muscle-building aid less efficient. HGH supplements such as Growth Factor-9 are designed to stimulate the pituitary gland, naturally raise HGH levels, and ensure older bodies function more like the younger bodies they once were, but ingredients are everything so let’s take a look at what’s hiding inside Novotech Biotech’s capsules.
Growth Factor-9 Key Ingredients
Each (4 capsule) dose provides 2.9g of SeroVital (proprietary blend).
As is the norm with proprietary blends inclusion rates for individual constituents are not provided, but the blend contains six main ingredients:
- L-Arginine HCl: An amino acid that appears to have the ability of increase HGH production. The June 26, 1969, issue of the New England Journal of Medicine published the results of study conducted on healthy volunteers (aged 17 to 35) that confirmed L-Arginine’s ability to increase HGH levels. The researchers noted: “The minimum effective arginine load causing release of HGH was 1/6 gm per pound of body weight in men and 1/12 gm per pound of body weight in women.”
- L-Lysine HCL: Some studies suggest L-Lysine may boost the HGH-releasing ability of L-Arginine.
- Oxo-Proline: An ingredient derived from glutamic acid. Very little information is available about the possible benefits it may provide, but there is some indication oxo-proline may be high in antioxidants. There is, however, no suggestion it has the ability to stimulate HGH production.
- N-Acetyl L-Cysteine: A modified cysteine molecule known to be a powerful antioxidant, but no clinical evidence can be found that indicates the ingredient may boost HGH levels.
- L-Glutamine: An important amino acid that is essential for nitrogen transportation and effective protein synthesis. Some studies show L-Glutamine has the ability to significantly increase HGH within just 90 minutes of supplementation.
- Schizonepeta (Aerial Parts) Powder: A herbal ingredient that appears to have the ability to enhance the immune system.
Growth Factor-9 Customer Feedback
Customer feedback is very good. Three average customer reviews read:
Growth Factor-9 Health Considerations
Novex Biotech state Growth Factor-9 is not suitable for anyone who is under the age of 18 or for pregnant or nursing mothers. As with any form of supplementation, anyone who has existing health issues, or doubts about the suitability of the product, should discuss the matter with their doctor.
Growth Factor-9 Availability and Pricing
Growth Factor-9 can be purchased from the manufacturer’s website and costs $99.99 plus shipping. That’s a lot of cash to shell out for a 30 day supply of capsules so price may be an issue for many people.
Growth Factor-9 can also be purchased from any number of online retailers including GNC and the Bodybuilding.com online store, but the price remains consistent across most sales channels, although a little shopping around can sometimes shave around $10 from the price.
There does not appear to be a money back guarantee.
The Bottom Line
Growth Factor-9 contains a few good ingredients that should boost flagging HGH levels, but the same ingredients are found in many competing blends that can be purchased for a fraction of the cost of Growth Factor-9.
If it were a superior blend, that could offer a little something extra, the price may be more acceptable, but as it is there just isn’t enough bang for the buck to make the extra investment worthwhile.
Would you like to look at a superior blend with a better price tag? Have a look at our reviews of the best HGH Boosters available. All of them have guarantees to back them up as well.