Humovox is a human growth hormone (HGH) booster produced in Utah, USA, by MuscleCore, LLC and designed to offer three main benefits:
- Weight loss
- Lean muscle growth
- Feel and look younger
That’s quite an attractive combination, and MuscleCore offer a money back guarantee and challenge customers to ‘try it risk free’. That certainly appears to suggest they have confidence in their product, but things may not be as them seem.
MuscleCore, LLC used to trade under the name Doakes Nutraceuticals LLC. A little digging reveals numerous complaints about the company including selling products that failed to work in the promised way and failure to honor their money back guarantee.
There are more reputable companies out there. And there are definitely better products out there. Please read our review page of the best GH Boosters available at the moment.
Click here to go to the review page of the best HGH products and pills
What is Humovox and how does it Work?
Like all HGH supplements, Humovox contains a blend of ingredients chosen for their perceived ability to stimulate the pituitary gland and cause it to release an increased amount of HGH.
One of the reasons young people have so much energy and heal so much faster than older generations is their naturally high HGH levels. HGH is very important to cell reproduction and for the growth and repair of body tissues, but as the years pass the pituitary gland slacks off on HGH production.
The difference usually becomes significant by around the age of 25 and, by the time people reach their 60s, what was once a gushing river has become but a dribble. MuscleCore says Humovox can redress this fact and provide an increased amount of HGH.
If it works the supplement offers obvious advantages to bodybuilders, who need to improve the anabolic repair process required for maximum muscle growth, but many HGH products fail to provide the results promised for them and MuscleCore don’t have the best reputation for producing effective products.
According to the label reproduced on the product website, each (3 capsule) dose of Humovox contains 17 ingredients.
The main ones appear to be:
- Alpha GPC (100mg): A tested and proven ingredient, Alpha GPC contains a water-soluble source of choline that can raise HGH levels. After one study, conducted in 2012, and later published in Nutrition, researchers concluded Alpha GPC has the ability to increase secretion of HGH and also assist fat oxidation.
- GABA (100mg): Short for gamma-aminobutyric acid, GABA supplementation has been clinically proven to increase HGH levels. After one test, conducted at Shenandoah University (Virginia, USA), the researchers noted: ‘Our data indicates that ingested GABA elevates resting and post-exercise irGH and ifGH concentrations.’
- L-Arginine (200mg): An amino acid important to cell division and growth hormone production. During a study conducted in 2005 L-Arginine supplementation appeared to increase HGH production.
- L-Ornithine (200mg): An amino acid derived from L-Arginine, L-Ornithine has also shown promise as a HGH provider.
- L-Glutamine (800mg): Another amino acid. A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, indicated relatively small amounts of glutamine can significantly increase HGH levels.
- L-Isoleucine (200mg): A branched-chain amino acid with a good reputation for promoting faster, more efficient, muscle recovery after exercise.
- L-Valine (200mg): An essential branched-chain amino acid that is often included in body building supplements to encourage faster muscle recovery and growth.
- L-Lysine (*not shown on the label, but listed on the site*): Some tests indicate L-Lysine and L-Arginine may make a potent HGH boosting combination.
- L-Leucine (200mg): A branched-chain amino acid that probably has little power on its own, but is believed to work well alongside other ingredients to provide lean muscle, increased energy, and faster recovery times.
Extensive searching failed to turn up any testimonials or genuine reviews from Humovox customers.
It seems unlikely that any of the ingredients used will cause side effects, but potential Humovox customers who have any existing health conditions or any worries about their health would be wise to seek medical advice before commencing any form of supplementation.
Product Availability and Pricing
Humovox appears to only be available directly from the manufacturer’s website and international shipping is offered, but Humovox is an expensive product. A bottle of Humovox capsules costs $99.99 plus shipping—and that’s with a 33% discount! The site states the retail price is $149.95.
Adding a second bottle to the order secures a modest discount, free shipping, and a complimentary bottle of a companion product. Customers who go the whole hog and order three bottles can expect to pay just under $250 and get three bottles of companion product.
All purchases of Humovox are (supposedly) protected by a 90 day money back guarantee.
The Bottom Line
The blend of ingredients used in Humovox should be capable of boosting HGH levels, but many competing products offer a similar combination of ingredients for a fraction of the price. It’s an overly expensive option.
The lack of customer feedback is also an issue. If MuscleCore has botched the blending process and failed to fully harness the power of the ingredients Humovox may not work. Without any feedback to go by it is impossible to say how well their blend holds up; so although the ingredients are good that in no way guarantees an effective product.
If money is not an issue, it may have still been worth taking a gamble on Humovox, but MuscleCore’s past reputation indicates the money back guarantee may be nothing more than an empty promise, so caution is advised.
Wow, Humovox have got some customer satisfaction issues. If you want to have a look at some more reliable companies and better products, read our reviews of what we consider to be the best ones you can get hold of.